File a Complaint

If you feel that you have been deceived or some type of fraud has been committed in regard to your timeshare, you may want to file a complaint.

Timeshares are usually regulated through the Real Estate Commission in the state where the timeshare property is located. Contact them with your complaint.

Also contact the Better Business Bureau where the timeshare resort is located and file a complaint with them.

The sale of “vacation plans” usually is not regulated under any body. If you believe you’ve been the victim of false or deceptive advertising or marketing in regard to a vacation plan, you should contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).

The FTC works for the consumer to prevent fraudulent, deceptive and unfair business practices in the marketplace and to provide information to help consumers spot, stop, and avoid them. To file a complaint or to get free information on consumer issues, visit:
Call toll-free, 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357)
TTY: 1-866-653-4261

The FTC enters Internet, telemarketing, identity theft, and other fraud-related complaints into Consumer Sentinel, a secure, online database available to hundreds of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and abroad.